Monday, October 22, 2012

Three


Ellie,
You are 3....not 5 or 4. When people have been asking you how old you are you seem to say 5 a lot, or 4. You can't seem to remember the 3 part.
When we were driving home from the library today, I was telling you how you will always be very very special to me because you are the one who made me a mommy. I told you how I was not a mommy before you were born so the day that you were born is the day I became a mommy. I thanked you because I always wanted to be a mommy. You were so proud. You told me a long story about how on the day you were born you sprinkled me with magic fairy dust to turn me into a mommy. I am so happy you did!
You are a pretty funny little lady. You love to sing and dance, watch movies, play dress up in anything that is shiny or sparkly, princessy or fairy, and pretend, pretend, pretend.  You have a very fun imagination. It is pretty exhausting hanging out with you all day because you are always making us pretend play with you. We pretend to go to school, a restaurant, the doctor, the park, the park doctor, the library, ballet class. You also like to pretend you are different people like Papa, Grandma, or some of your Little Explorer teachers. You do a good job of keeping in your role for long periods of the day and if I forget who you are you get mad and correct me. I think your favorite thing to play is mommy/honey. You are the mommy and either Daddy or I am the Honey. You pretend like we are your baby and you even make us take naps. You love to call us "Honey". I think you hung out with Aunt Kelley a little to much this summer. You also make up crazy names that we have never heard of before like, "Foaorenoare". If we don't pronounce it right, we better watch out! Sometimes your pretend play carries over and it gets out of hand. If you are pretending to be mad at one of your "Honeys" you will start yelling and you don't stop. Then, you get in trouble in the real world and end up going to your room to calm down. You are pretty good and calming down on your own when you get out of hand after we put you in your room. If you are throwing a fit about something, I can ask you after a few minutes if you even remember why you are so upset. You usually don't and then you get over it after you think about it for a minute. You are pretty head strong and bossy at times. We will work on that.
You went from wanting to be naked all of the time to wanting to wear 3 different outfits at once. You will put on 3 different shirts at the same time, pants, leggings, a skirt. The best part of it is...you really think it is beautiful. You will come out after getting dressed and say, "What do you think of me?" We love letting you pick out your outfits. You are a hoot. You still love to accessorize with hair pretties and jewels.
You were introduced to Justin "Beaver" one day in a store by our friend Jordan. Then, a few days later, Chloe slept over and had a Justin Beaver singing toothbrush. She is such a sweet girl and she gave it to you. You played it over and over and over until it drove me crazy. So, one day I asked you if you wanted to see a video of him online because I couldn't stand to hear that toothbrush sound anymore. After that, you were obsessed. You had an ear infection and we went to the doctor. She came in and looked at your temp and said you had a fever. You piped up and said, "I have Beaver Fever." What is it with that kid? I would say that he is going down in the books as your first celebrity crush. You even invited him to your birthday party, along with most of the princesses, Sparky the SunDevil, and DJ Lance Rock.
You love going to Little Explorers on Tuesdays with your buddies, RJ, Levi, Brooklyn and the newest Explorer Ryan. You also like going to MOPS on Thursdays. You always get to bring home the cutest little crafts. Grandma took you to your very first movie a few weeks ago with Mia. You saw Brave. We were all pretty surprised that you stayed in the theater and watched the whole thing. I am sure the Skittles that grandma was handing out helped with that.
You are scared of the dark in your room and you sleep with the light on. You started talking about monsters and ghosts. You like to sleep with your light on. You have bad dreams and scream out for us. It is so sad. The other night you were screaming Patrick's name and you told me you had a bad dream that his head got stuck in a machine.
You are a pro at the Ipad. You know how to go and get to your apps and pull up a movie on Netflix. I was a bit worried about introducing you to the Ipad but it turns out you don't really even care to use it that much. You definitely prefer playing. Thank goodness! Some of your favorite shows these days are, Max and Ruby and Daniel Tiger.
You like to eat treats. You will also eat black beans, carrots and hummus, cheese is hit or miss, cereal, noodles, pizza, avocado, apples. You don't eat much. It is hard to get you to eat. Hopefully this is just a phase.
You are a very good big sister to Patrick. You are always watching out for him when we are out and about. You are very protective. He is your brother and you always say that he has to come home with us and nobody can take him. Although, you are starting to rumble a little bit over certain toys or if he gets into your space when you don't want him there. You do a very good job of helping me take care of him and love him. 
We love you so much little girl. You are a wave of emotions on a daily basis. Sometimes it is funny, sometimes it drives us nuts. But, we do love it and wouldn't change it for anything in the world. Thank you for making our life so full and exciting!

Some of our favorite Ellie sayings right now:
"Stay with me."
"Let's go on a date."
"How was your day?"
"Can I smell your beer?"
"Booby Baskets"
"What do you think of me?"
"I'm so fwustwated."
"I'm not very happy about this"
"that is scawey"
"I don't even remember why I am so upset."

In the middle of the hot summer these were my favorite things she would say on a daily basis:
"Let's go home and get naked and watch Team Umizoomi"
"It isn't hot...it is warm and cozy"


Question and answer time with Elise:
1. What is your favorite color? purple
2. What is your favorite toy? tape
3. What is your favorite fruit? cherries
4. What is your favorite tv show/movie? Yo Gabba Gabba/Alice in Wonderland
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? cereal
6. What is your favorite outfit? Ariel nightgown
7. What is your favorite game? Booty and the beast (daddy is beast and chases her)
8. What is your favorite snack? brownie
9. What is your favorite animal? elephant
10. What is your favorite song? Belle
11. What is your favorite book? Belle
12. Who is your best friend? Mawia Cawuso
13. What is your favorite cereal? Cinnamon Chex
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? play with balloons and mud
15. What is your favorite drink? water
16. What is your favorite holiday? Halloween
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? Snuggle Bear
18. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Donuts with grandma
19. What do you want for dinner on your birthday? applesauce and cream cheese?
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? Doctor

1                                                        2                                                          3

3 Year Stats:
24 pounds   0 percentile
34 3/4 inches  10th percentile





 

No comments:

Post a Comment