The Chicago Marathon was the perfect excuse to fly to Chicago. It is such a fun race to do because you run through the city and there are fans lining the streets for pretty much the entire 26.2 miles. We get to run through all the little towns in the city and really experience the culture in Chicago.
Mr. Cindric, our personal superfan, came down to the city to venture through the madness. We even managed to see him at mile 2, 13 and 18. Pretty impressive when there had to be hundreds of thousands spectators out there!
When we ran into him at mile 18, I walked over to him ready to quit. Its tough running a marathon and I was set on staying with him and turning into a another fan. But, Emilie the superfriend, wouldn't let me give up and dragged me by my arm back into the race. Thanks Em! I am so happy I finished.
After the race we were so happy to find Dave, who ran the race superfast, and Mr. Cindric in the family meeting area amongst all the people. We enjoyed a nice cold beer and then headed back home to our superfamilies. Thank you to Mr. and Mrs. C who cooked us the perfect post-race meal!
It was a great race and I am so thankful to have the ability to do things like this with the people I love! This was Emilie and my 2nd marathon together. I sort of can't wait until the next one...but it will be a while!






Woo Hoo! Congrats on the marathon, Karen! Sad we didn't see each other at the finish line or the starting line. Next up...Big Sur 2012??? :)
ReplyDelete