Happy half birthday! I'm writing you a birthday post even though it is just your half birthday because this is such a fun age and I don't want to forget a thing. You are two and a half and you are a blast. You are an emotional, energetic, animated and a very expressive little gal. You are sweet as can be one second, then you are biting one of your toys in frustration the next. You are happy and spazzing out one second and then you are screaming and flailing around the floor the next. Sometimes you can be shy...but most of the time you don't mind stripping down naked, shaking your booty or putting on shows for anybody. It is certainly a lot of work to keep up with your 2 year old mood swings but it keeps life entertaining. After you calm down from a tantrum, you will explain to us why you were so upset and what happened. You reenact the way you were throwing your tantrum and fake cry. It is pretty darn funny.
You love being a BIG girl. Nobody can tell you that you are little because you will get upset. You are doing a good job with potty training. I don't think you have worn a diaper in over month. You still have accidents at night but we are working on it.
These days your favorite things are : Disney Princesses, Annie, Wizard of Oz. You love watching the beginning of the movies and singing the songs. You will talk about how it is sad that Annie doesn't have a mommy or daddy, or say that Ms. Hannigan is a witch. Sometimes when we get in the car you ask to go to Daddy Warbuck's house. You like watching Dorthy and Toto get swept up in the storm and seeing the munchkins.
You are obsessed with the princesses and being a princess. Your biggest form of punishment right now is to be told you aren't a princess. I figured this out one day when we had to leave a play date because you were being mean to your cousin, Mikey. You didn't even care that I grabbed you and we left, or that I was upset at you for being mean to Mikey. When we were driving home you said something about being a princess and I told you that you weren't a princess because princesses don't hit. You cried yourself to sleep. When we got home, you woke up and immediately started crying again about not being a princess.
It is really hard to get you to wear any clothes that don't have a princess, Tinkerbell, or Dora on it. Actually, it is really hard to get you to wear any clothes at all. You usually want to stay in your PJs all day long but you really prefer to be naked. Anytime you go potty you see it as an opportunity to take off all of your clothes and they rarely make it back on. You have even tried to take your clothes off in the middle of the store and museum a few times.
You like to go to story time at the library every week with Mikey. You often come home and lead your own story time with your stuffed animals. You like to perform for them too and put on shows. You sing some good kids songs but mostly you sing your own made up songs about the most random things. You like to shake your body and dance all around. You also like to play doctor with your kit and have daddy check you. You cook us dinner in your kitchen and talk to lots of people on your fake phone. You have a great imagination.
You are still a monkey climber. You often friek people out who are around you. You will not sit down in a chair. If there is something to climb you go for it. People are always checking with me to make sure you are okay up there. We signed you up for gymnastics classes so you can get all of your monkey out.
You are a tough little thing. Of course since you are always climbing you fall a lot. Today you got your first bee sting. You were playing outside with Mia and Chloe and you stepped on it. You didn't even shed a tear. Usually lollipops have the best healing power.
You are a pretty good eater. Although, you would definitely prefer to eat suckers, cookies, ice cream and chocolate all day long. Your favorite foods right now are black beans, feta cheese, guacamole, peas, humus, yogurt, honey, fruit bars, pizza. The other day you were eating feta and figured out it was delicious dipped in honey. Disgusting...but you loved it. Meal time is always a big big mess because you like to experiment with food more than you like to eat. The other day you were rubbing icing from Alexa's birthday cake all over your face an in your hair.
Some of our favorite Ellie sayings are:
Come on ebeebodeee
I'm wiggling my body
I want some of one of that
I don't think so (instead of I don't know)
I'm sick...check me
I'm your baby, I'm your baby...to the rescue
I've got grumpies in my belly
I'm doing my exercises
I have a surprise for you
I was just teasing you
Sorryyyyyy (we hear this one ALOT)
I'm NAKED!!! (we hear this one ALOT too)
I saw the idea on Pinterest to ask these questions every year on your birthday. I thought I'd start now on your half birthday.
Question and answer time with Elise:
1. What is your favorite color? poe poe (purple)
2. What is your favorite toy? micky mouse
3. What is your favorite fruit? vegetables
4. What is your favorite tv show? pincesses
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? PBJ
6. What is your favorite outfit? just like Ariel
7. What is your favorite game? Booty and the beast (daddy is beast and chases her)
8. What is your favorite snack? purple food
9. What is your favorite animal? lamby
10. What is your favorite song? lollipop kids
11. What is your favorite book? ariel
12. Who is your best friend? mia
13. What is your favorite cereal? oatmeal
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? race
15. What is your favorite drink? special drink
16. What is your favorite holiday? halloween
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? chloe
18. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? oatmeal
19. What do you want for dinner on your birthday? guacamole
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? Santa Clause







What a great summary...and I love the pintrest idea. I'll have to use that with my kides. Happy 2 1/2 bday Ellie.
ReplyDelete