We are all so happy that Quinn is here!! She was well worth the wait. The Dr. had my due date down as March 9th. I went to a regular appointment on the 13th and he sent me over for non stress tests and an ultrasound to make sure everything looked good. He said those tests were usually good for 4 days so I could decide if I wanted to be induced on the 17th or just do another round of testing. We decided to go ahead and be induced. None of the Trone babies have come on their own so it wasn't surprising. The induction was very smooth. I only felt contractions for a short time before they put the epidural in. Dr. Szmuc broke my water and before we knew it, it was pushing time. I only had to do 2 big pushes. Push one, the head came out. Push 2...Daddy told me it was a girl! I was so excited. Quinn Marie Trone was born. She was 71b 8oz and 20 inches long. Ellie and Patrick were over at Auntie Angie's with Grandma so it was fun to be able to call them and let them know they had a sister. The kids stayed with Grandma and Papa one night and then Daddy stayed home with them one night. Grandpa was Quinn's first visitor. He arrived at the hospital just as he got the call that she was born. Greg, Chloe, Grandma, Ellie and Patchy all came in the next day. It was so fun to show the kids their new little sister. They loved her right away.
Quinn was a little difficult in the hospital. She was a bit fussy and didn't want to latch on. I was a little worried wondering how I was going to handle a fussy baby with Patchy and Ellie. Thankfully, she settled in just perfectly in the chaos of our home. She just wanted to be home with her family... just like mommy.
Tuesday, March 25, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment