Patrick arrived on October 11, 2011. We went in for our weekly routine appointment in the morning. It was one day after my due date. I mentioned to the Dr. that I wasn't feeling him move as much so he sent me over for an ultra sound and a nonstress test on the baby. It turns out my amniotic fluid was a little low so I ended up being admitted to the hospital. I was enduced and had him around 9:28 in the evening. The birth went wonderful, especially since my epidural worked this time. Wow...what a difference! Patrick wieghed 7lb 15 ounces and was as sweet as can be, right from the start! Grandma and Grandpa brought Elise to the hospital to meet her baby brother the next morning. She came running into the room looking all around for him and tried to get on the bed to see him right away. She loved him and of course wanted to hold him and touch him and kiss him. She was very proud!
Elise stayed with Grandpa and Grandma the first night we were in the hospital. The second night Greg went to get her to give them a break and sleep at home. Then she went back to Grandma and Grandpa's house again. She had so much fun over there. This was definitley a hard part for me. I had never been away from Elise for the night so when I was in the hospital the second night I was really feeling quite sad wondering if she was doing okay without me. I missed her tons!
Apparently she was doing just fine....






Congrats, again! I'm so happy for you guys!!! I hope you are feeling well and getting lots of help and that Elise is adjusting nicely to the new addition :) Patrick is beautiful! xoxo
ReplyDelete