Monday, September 6, 2010

The Trones and Carusos go Camping

We took the kids camping this weekend in the Mingus Mountains near Jerome.  There is a race every Labor Day weekend called the "Jerome Hill Climb" that we love to do. We have gone camping a few times the night before, but never with 3 little ones. 
We survived... and even had a good time!
I can only imagine how much fun these trips will be as these kiddos grow up.
 This year it consisted of ...
making sure Ellie didn't eat too much dirt, bugs or ash
&
making sure Mia didn't hurt herself jumping on rocks or climbing in camping chairs.
Mikey was the perfect little happy camper. 
The kids eventually fell asleep but by the time they were snoozing, all the moms and dads were sleepy too. So everyone was sleeping pretty early. 
In the middle of the night we heard some Elk bugling back and forth!



3 comments:

  1. How fun to take the little ones camping! And brave! We still haven't taken Madden camping and Randy has been wanting to forever! I love the post below with that cute picture of Elise and Greg! So So cute!!! Can't believe I get to see you guys in just 4 1/2 more weeks!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny Tiff,
    I was thinking about you this weekend and how if you still lived here you could have come camping too again...but this time you could have done the race! You would love it =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Impressive! Let's just say we are chickens! We have yet to camp with the kids...but now I'm inspired. :) Great pics. Looks like everyone had a great time.

    ReplyDelete